Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Chocolate Snowmen

So this last weekend I was gone for Women of Today. I am on the State Staff this year as the External Vice President. (Those of you who have never checked out Women of Today, TOTALLY should. I kinda love it. www.mnwt.org)  ANYWHO... part of being on the state staff means that there are some extra weekend meetings. This one in particular is the Mid-year executive council weekend. Traditionally, it was in December until the calendar changed for us and now it is in November. So we still celebrate the holidays, but they are a little early being that Thanksgiving hasn't even arrived.

So I apologize for the next few posts that are going to be NOT related to fall or Thanksgiving at all, but will be all aout now men, holiday gifts and Christmas trees. Please enjoy and note that I promise a turkey craft in the very near future. 

I can not claim this idea as my own, it came from pinterest, with a few adjustments for me. 



To start this project, I cut out 6 in wide strips of polar fleece, then folded then in half and sewed zig zag stitch up the side with very little seam allowance.


 I then took the really long lengths and cut them to be 6 inches long. (I was making about 40 of these, so I could get about 10 out of a strip of polar fleece.)


Then, making them about 5 1/2 inches long and 5 1/5 inches tall, I drew a snowman on each  piece of paper, slightly off center. The place I found this had a print off available for this, but I was out of ink, so I decided to get them done and just draw them on. Once I got the image down, It really only took me about 45 minutes to make all the faces on the papers. 


This craft is made for the standard size candy bar. wrap the paper around the candy bar and tape at the back. then take the 6 inch strip of polar fleece and flip it out so the seam is in the inside. flip the edge twice for a hat brim and then place it on the chocolate bar, over the paper. once positioned, tie off the top of the hat and then cut it to the tied portion to make little hat fringes.  

Cut another very thin piece of polar fleece 12 inches long and less than an inch thick.

Tie it around the chocolate bar where the snowman would have a scarf and then also cut it for a little fringe. 

and......


THERE THEY ARE! Soooo cute! I sure do hope my executive council enjoyed them!

As always, try it out and then send me a photo! I would love to see what you did!






No comments:

Post a Comment