Friday, December 14, 2012

A Party Favor Wreath



One of the things I REALLY like to do is host parties ESPECIALLY around Christmas time and New Years! 

I don't just invite people over, though, and have them bring something and hope it all goes well... I THROW DOWN MARTHA STEWART STYLE!   :)

I like to decorate, make party favors, plan fancy drinks and menus etc. (my husband and kids are insanely picky eaters, so any chance I can get to actually cook something other than crackers and peanut butter makes me more than excited and in a partying mood)

This year, I hosted (or will host) my Women of Today chapter, David's office staff and the Lindberg family gathering. 

I decided for the Women of Today that I needed to have a party favor for everyone. 

So I decided to incorporate it into my decorating!


So here is a party favor wreath to enjoy making for your upcoming holiday events!


As you may have read earlier, I am quite a post holiday shopper. So I picked up this beautiful full wreath right after Christmas last year for about 3.00!  It is about 18 inches. 
I fluffed it up and then.....


                                      I bought packages of swiss miss hot chocolate mix.....



Dove chocolates.....



and, yes a basket of post holiday clearance shopping ornaments. This is the dregs of a two year ago purchase of a collection of ornaments form Menards that were put into a basket and sold for 4.00! I just took a chance hoping that there would be one or two things in it that I could use, and since then, I have continued to work off this basket for gifts, wreaths etc. it was a GREAT purchase!



and little stockings from the Dollar Tree. They were two for 1 dollar. 

I filled each stocking with a few chocolates, a package of hot chocolate and an ornament. 



Then I put them on the wreath slipping each hanging loop on the stocking onto a branch and then bending it slightly.



I put the stockings on it all the way around positioning them as I went.  

I then tied a big bow on it to match the decor in my kitchen. 



*blush* embarrassingly  I can't find the photo of the wreath all done. It had about 20 stockings on it and made for a good decoration for the week. But here it is with just five stockings left on it. 

Give it a shot and send me a photo! I would love to see you do one too! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment