Friday, December 28, 2012

COUNT DOWN TO CHRISTMAS

As the house continued to get ready for Christmas, the kids get more and more anxious for the count down to Christmas. So this year I made them a count down calendar!

Here is what I did:


I bought three sheets of this magnetic paper stuff from Joann Fabrics.

Little dollar store type toys (whistles, duckies, slap bracelets etc)

 







 Then using a 12 and 6 cup muffin pan, I measured the holes and used cups and muffin papers to make a circle in teh magnet sheet for each cup hole.




I drilled holes in the top of the muffin pans. 


Then I decorated each of the magnet circles with the number for the day of the month and holiday themed papers etc. 



 Then I filled each muffin cup with trinkets and treats for the kids and labeled which kid got to open which day. When there was an uneven amount of days, I would put three treats in for each of them.



The magnet papers then covered the holes and could be pulled off on the correct day. 


I hung them up on the wall for the kids to see, but not be able to reach. This kids really loved this!
I would like to say this was my idea, but I think someone else did it... I can't remember where I saw it though. If you did this and it is your brain child, please email me so I can properly credit you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment