Monday, October 22, 2012

the title

So I am calling this blog "My Calico Crafts".

I chose that because I think that my crafting and creating is a bunch of different stuff. I like to sew and make full costumes.  But I also like to create things with a little imagination and transformation and glue. I also like to do floral arranging and would love to get a job at a Micheal's or JoAnn Fabrics (hint hint Micheal's and JoAnn's, you can hire me any day now! lol). I like to paint, photograph, frame and mat, bead work, melt stuff (haha!) and so much more.

So I was trying to find a good word that described how I craft. Patchwork was the first thing that came to mind, but ironically, quilting is probably one of the only crafts I don't really have a huge interest in.

Then one of my cats walked by. She isn't black, she isn't brown, she isn't white... she is ... (yeah, you guessed it) calico. A mix of everything without a really clear specific single color. That is kinda like my crafting interests. A mix of everything.

So welcome to My Calico Crafts! below are some of my most recent adventures into crafting and sewing!

My first puppy costume!


EEK and BOO apothecary jars made from candle holders and old jars!




My Children's Hallowe'en costumes. 
To match the puppy costume. I don't  have a dog, by the way, these were an ebay purchase that I sent out to one lucky bidder! :)


The kids and I went on a nature alphabet hunt. We made words from it!

With some teamwork, my Women of Today chapter and I made this for an upcoming silent auction. 

This one was heading out to an etsy customer. 

Some of the wings I hand make

No comments:

Post a Comment